Installation pylinac using pip - deprecation warning Python 2.7.18 & pip 19.3.1

Hello All,

I’m looking for help installing. pylinac on Windows 10 Pro (x64) with Anaconda 3, 2021.05, x86_64.

I was able to install pylinac on a personal PC at home and after delay over a course of months with permissions with IT, began installation with a department PC using the same approach.

My process/approach was:
Anaconda with Python 3
then using commandline, created virtual environment using python 2.7.18 (which installs pip 19.3.1). This I’m sure worked with my PC at home.
However, when running pip on my work PC, it gives me a warning and error messages:

Collecting pylinac
Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/78/ea/0b1f2c188588632300112ddb2632e04281fd3e664592cef4f8fce838df90/pylinac-2.5.1.0.tar.gz

DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won’t be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7. More details about Python 2 support in pip, can be found at Release process - pip documentation v24.0.dev0
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: ‘C:\Users\UserXYZ.conda\envs\py2\python.exe’ -c ‘import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = ‘"’“‘c:\users\UserXYZ\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-i2azvp\pylinac\setup.py’”’“‘; file=’”‘“‘c:\users\UserXYZ\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-i2azvp\pylinac\setup.py’”’“';f=getattr(tokenize, '”‘“‘open’”’“‘, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’”‘"’\r\n’“'”‘, ‘"’"’\n’“'”‘);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘"’“‘exec’”’"‘))’ egg_info --egg-base ‘c:\users\UserXYZ\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-i2azvp\pylinac\pip-egg-info’
cwd: c:\users\UserXYZ\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-i2azvp\pylinac
Complete output (5 lines):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “c:\users\UserXYZ\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-i2azvp\pylinac\setup.py”, line 3, in
with open(‘requirements.txt’) as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘requirements.txt’

Hi James,
Pylinac has not supported python 2 for a long time. I would try creating a new venv with python 3.6+ and then try again. Let us know if you still have trouble.

This message was sent securely using Zix® |

• |

Thank you!
It’s running. (Python 3.8.8)

Not sure why I thought I read something about Python(x,y) not working on Python 3 and thought it was necessary to run on an older version.

Thanks again!