Feature requests

Hello all,
For a while I’ve been thinking about how to move forward with pylinac. I have a few ideas, but realized that I’ve not asked the community what they wanted. The current way this works is 1) I get hit by a lightning bolt of inspiration or 2) a user emails me either complaining or asking for something different. While both methods have helped pylinac grow, I think it’s important to listen to the statistics. A lot of users just simply use pylinac. It’s the everyday users that I’d like to give a voice to. I was originally going to make a google form for people to fill out. While that definitely has advantages, it’s a bit of work to parse and sift through regularly. It also doesn’t let the community see what’s happening under the hood.

With all that being said, I’ve discovered an app for customer requests. They even have a free usage policy for open source projects. I present the user feedback app for pylinac: User Suggestions - Pylinac (featureupvote.com). I encourage any user of pylinac to make any suggestions they’d like to see. There is of course no guarantee about it being incorporated, but if lots of people vote for it, it adds social pressure on me to get it done :laughing:.

To be clear, bugs should still be reported via Github: Issues · jrkerns/pylinac · GitHub

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
James

1 Like