Dynalog gamma calculation - possible error

Hi James!

I have some dynalogs that give strange results with gamma analysis. I attached an example to this post. It is a very simple conformal arc beam and what I would expect is a very low gamma value in the center of the field. But the center has gamma higher than 1 in fact. Can I ask you to try the analysis yourself and see what you can make of it?

Live long and prosper,

Denis

dynalog_example_error.zip (410 KB)

Not sure what’s going on. I don’t have any significant gamma results. What version are you running?

log_gamma.png

Hi James,
I am using pylinac version 2.2.6. Actually, I am using exclude_beam_off=True. If I set it to False, I get the same result as you.

Denis

Dne nedelja, 06. oktober 2019 15.17.05 UTC+2 je oseba James Kerns napisala:

And what is also interesting is that if I calculate the difference between actual fluence and expected fluence, the result is almost 0 which is great, so gamma should be, well, zero also.

Dne ponedeljek, 30. september 2019 18.15.57 UTC+2 je oseba Denis Brojan napisala:

Oh yeah the code, sorry I didn’t post it earlier.
`

from pylinac import Dynalog
file = “AAnonymous.dlg”
log = Dynalog(file, exclude_beam_off=True)
log.fluence.gamma.calc_map(doseTA=1, distTA=1, threshold=0.2, resolution=1)
print(log.fluence.gamma.avg_gamma, log.fluence.gamma.pass_prcnt)
log.plot_summary()

`

Dne ponedeljek, 30. september 2019 18.15.57 UTC+2 je oseba Denis Brojan napisala:

Hi James!

I have some dynalogs that give strange results with gamma analysis. I attached an example to this post. It is a very simple conformal arc beam and what I would expect is a very low gamma value in the center of the field. But the center has gamma higher than 1 in fact. Can I ask you to try the analysis yourself and see what you can make of it?

Live long and prosper,

Denis